Top Certifications for Accountants:
Advanced certifications and degrees constantly strengthen the skills and knowledge of a person. Certification can give you an edge over the other professionals in the same industry. There is a large number of certifications related to the finance and accounting industry. The following are the two top certifications that accountants must consider enhancing their knowledge and expertise.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA):
If accountants are committed to advancing their accounting careers, then they should earn their CPA. Certified Public Accountants work in a variety of specializations within accounting, including audit, tax, forensic accounting, compliance, fraud examination, IT systems, risk management, appraisals, among others.
This designation has such a big level of reliability that choosing managers and prospective customers tend to question a candidate’s experience and level of accounting competency if he or she is not a Certified Public chartered accountants in Dubai. CPAs help companies comply with laws and regulations, decrease the risk for the organization, improve processes, support valuation, and appraisal initiatives, and create and maintain reporting mechanisms with which management makes essential and critical judgments based on the supplied data.
States have many academic and experience requirements, but typically accountant’s educational qualification will extend beyond their bachelor’s degree to encompass semester hours, with varying amounts of accounting classes. Accountants will require to pass the Certified Public Accountant exam, which is governed by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and undertake more than hours of continuing professional education each year.
Parts of CPA exam:
There are four parts to the Certified Public Accountant exam:
- Business Analysis:
- Global economics, global business, internal controls, quantitative methods, financial statement analysis
- Management Accounting and Reporting:
- Budget preparation, cost management, information management, performance measurement, external financial reporting
- Strategic Management:
- Strategic planning, strategic marketing, corporate finance, decision analysis, investment decisions
- Business Application:
- Organization management, organization communication, behavioral issues, ethical consideration
- Earn CMA Certification
- To earn CMA Certification, accountants will need:
- To become a registered member of IMA,
- Possess a bachelor’s degree,
- Pass the CMA exam,
- Have two continuous years of professional expertise in management accounting or financial management,
- Complete at least hours of continuing vocational education annually.