CBD, the recent most fascinating research in the world of health benefits. It is known for its potential benefits for managing
- Neurodegenerative diseases
- Ward off tumour
- Improved sleep
- Mild depression
- Chronic pain
- Lack of appetite
In order to make a more informed decision before purchasing CBD for the first time, here’s a comprehensive guide about this cannabinoid, its forms, products and carriers available.
What is CBD?
Out of the 100 active compounds found in cannabis plants, CBD is the second most common compound. Unlike THC it is non impairing and non euphoric which means it doesn’t make you high. This cannabinoid contains molecules which are like the endocannabinoid system in our body.
In order to get more benefits in a shorter time, many people prefer taking CBD in concentrated form. BUT what is CBD concentrate?
A CBD concentrate is a product that contains higher levels of CBD as compared to those found in the cannabis plant. They have typically more benefits than CBD products. Some people may be sensitive to other compounds in CBD concentrates, but overall they’re intended to help people relax without the euphoric effect.
CBD is usually obtained in three forms:
- Full-spectrum CBD. They contain all the active compounds found in cannabis plants including 0.3 TCH.
- Broad-spectrum CBD. They contain all the active compounds except for the TCH.
- CBD isolate. They contain high amounts of cannabidiol without any other active cannabis compound.
Extraction of CBD concentrates
There are a few methods to extract CBD, the form of concentrate depends on the technique used. Some chemicals such as ethanol and butane are an excellent help for separating CBD from the plant material. However, many manufacturers do not follow this method as it alters the quality of the final product.
Supercritical CO2 extraction is a non-toxic technique, many companies these days follow this method to extract CBD from plants.
Then it goes through a process where fats, unnecessary wax and other compounds are removed. The last step is the purge stage, after which what remains is the extracted CBD along with some other compounds included.
Types of CBD concentrate:
The type of concentrates available at the Toronto cannabis dispensary may vary according to the preferences. Some most common types include:
- Crystals. These are the isolated CBD. This is why they are crystalline and come in powdery form.
- Budder. They have a fluffy butter-like texture. A high air temperature and pressure is extracted at the final stage
- Shatter. These have a hard toffee like structure. When heated they form a thick honey like texture.
- Crumble. They contain moisture to create a less sticky texture, similar to that of the wax concentrate.
- Wax . These are generally used for vapes and dabs. They are darker with a bit of oily texture.
Some other concentrates include:.
- Isolate. They are made in a similar process as oils, but with an isolate. They are usually used for vaping and preferred when people want to avoid THC.
- Oil. These are made with a carrier oil that is high in healthy fats, which makes it easier to get absorbed in the body.
Some popular CBD products:
Now that you are aware about CBD and its concentrates. Here are some products available in the market that can help you take CBD
Capsules and pills:
Capsules take a longer time to ingest which is why you might not be able to attain all the CBD benefits right away. These capsules can be used to treat some disorders such as epilepsy.
CBD is consumed as edibles such as gummies. They are easier to consume without gaining a lot of public attention. If you don’t like the taste of CBD oil or tinctures, these might be a good option.
Creams and lotions:
These can treat severe skin conditions as CBD has the properties to treat conditions such as itchiness, eczema, acne and dryness.
With this guide you can understand the concentrates and choose the products that suit you best. For further guidance, assist a doctor for some more useful advice.