The Panasonic Toughbook CF-20 Mark 2, which Panasonic has announced as an updated version of the company’s smaller 10.1-inch form factor Toughbook,
The Mark 2 features a 10.1-inches screen in a rugged, 2-in-1 convertible tablet form factor — believe of it as a bit smaller like the original CF-20, more portable version of the 12-inch Toughbook 33 that the company announced in 2017.
New on the Panasonic Toughbook Mark 2 model, there are some extra modern features, like a Windows Hello-enabled front camera (with both visual and IR sensors), keyboard keys that are 8% larger, an upgraded camera, and an extended 17-hour estimated battery life thanks to a 2nd battery that presently comes half of the computer standard in the keyboard. Its ancestor was rated for 10 hours of battery life in tablet mode.
The specs are not quite as effective as those on its greater counterpart, with the CF-20 fit out with a seventh-generation Intel Core i5-7Y57 vPro processor, 8GB RAM, and a 256GB SSD. The 10.1-inch screen is solely 1920 x 1200 pixels, though the touchscreen does work with worn gloves, unlike most-farthest consumer options. Also available is unrestricted 4G LTE connectivity, which makes sense given that almost all of these models are meant to be used out in the field by police, firefighter, construction, and military usage.
The CF-20 is rated for military-grade MIL-STD-810G specification (which tests “drop, shock, vibration, rain, dust, sand, altitude, freeze/thaw, high/low temperature, temperature shock, solar radiation, salt fog, humidity, [and] explosive atmosphere.”) like Panasonic’s other Toughbook models, and is IP65 guaranteed against water & dust.
The Panasonic Toughbook 20, unfortunately, is not being sold directly to consumers — you will have to purchase it up from approved Panasonic resellers. And the rugged design does not come cheap, either, with models starting at $3,099 — but if you’re someone who is really concerned about breaking your laptop, it might be worth the extra cash.
The model described here is primarily the UK model. The US model is slightly different — it supports, but does not automatically include a second battery, and does not have the slightly larger keys.
- In June 2016, Panasonic Toughbook CF-20 tablet was launched. This tablet, as mentioned above, comes with a 10.10-inch display with a resolution of 1920×1200 pixels.
- Panasonic Toughbook CF-20 has 272.00 x 196.00 x 16.40mm (height x width x thickness) and weighs 1,760.00 grams.
- The Panasonic Toughbook CF-20 operates Windows 10 Pro and is powered by a 2600mAh removable battery.
- Panasonic Toughbook CF-20 is also powered by a 1.1GHz one-core Intel Core m5 vPro processor. It comes with 8GB of RAM.
- As far as the cameras are concerned, the Panasonic Toughbook CF-20 on the rear packs 8-megapixel camera. It sports a 2-megapixel camera on the front for selfies.
- Panasonic Toughbook CF-20 based on Windows 10 Pro and packs 128GB of inbuilt storage that can be expanded via microSD card.
- Connectivity options on the Panasonic Toughbook CF-20 include Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, GPS, and NFC. Sensors on the tablet include accelerometer and proximity sensor.